Monday 6 May 2013

My recent purchases


















It's been such a glorious day here in Leeds today, which definitely makes a change with the awful weather we've been having lately.  

So for my first proper blog post, I thought where better to start than the items I have purchased recently. I do tend to experiment with different brands quite often and as it is summer (well hopefully) I've decided that I want my make-up to look more natural - a nice radiant glow. I have been using the products above for the last couple of weeks now and I do believe they'll appear again in a favourite post. 


YSL Pure Chromatics 4 wet & dry eye shadows in the colour 08 - £39.00 
Recently, YSL had an eye tutorial event on at my local Debenhams. My eyes are a browny / green and I have always been unsure of what eye shadow colour really brings out the colour of my eyes. When the assistant Kat suggested that I tried Khaki, I was a little apprehensive. But the end result, I loved it. I would never have thought to try a khaki smokey eye myself. 





The Body Shop 'Moringa' body mist - £7.50
Now, I absolutely love perfume don't get me wrong, but I thought as we are heading into Summer, why not give body mist ago? It also smells really really good!



Vichy Dermablend ultra-corrective cream-stick - £19.00 
I hadn't heard of this product before until I read Binky's Beauty blog on the Daily Mail. Binky absolutely raved about this product, claiming it to be the best on the market, and as I was in desperate need of a concealer, I thought I would try it out myself.

Clarins 'Skin Illusion' natural radiance foundation - £26.00
I have recently been using the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation and I have nothing but positives for this foundation. But, as it's pretty much Summer, I wanted a foundation which feels a lot lighter on my skin. There's nothing worse than foundation feeling cakey on your skin!
So, after reading Binky's Beauty blog, I noticed that she highly recommended this product. I decided to take a trip down to my local Debenhams and head to the Clarins counter - and I must say that Rebecca was absolutely fantastic, she couldn't have been more helpful. I told her what I wanted from a foundation and she recommended this product. My first impression of this foundation was down to the texture and the smell, it smells just like watermelons - gorgeous!


Clarins 'Skin Illusion' natural radiance loose foundation powder - £28.00
As I took an instant like to the Clarins skin illusion foundation, I thought why not invest in the matching powder? Before I bought the product, I asked Rebecca to apply it to my skin to see what I thought. As I had only used translucent powder before, I wanted to see what a coloured powder looked like on my skin, and I didn't want it to take away the affect of the foundation. As you can tell, I was very impressed with this product. 


Diego Dalla Palma - £15.00 
I feel bare unless I am wearing lipstick and I am a sucker for bright colours! I've never heard of this brand before it swatched so lovely on my hand, the colour was very pink, and very me!
Clarins 'Palette Eclat' face & blush powder - £30.00
When it comes to blusher, I have always been loyal to MAC. But I thought I would mix it up a little and try out a completely new brand. The fact that it's a face & blush powder drew me to the product straight away. The colour is so nice when it's applied to your cheeks, it gives you that lovely summer radiant glow.


In a couple of weeks or so, I will review all of the products above, fingers crossed it will all be positive! 

I don't usually buy so much in one go, but I had not purchased for a little while. Also, I had just been accepted onto my teacher training course for this September, so I thought I would go and treat myself to a few bits and bobs. 

For now, Amy Louise xx

No comments:

Post a Comment